In Partnership With
United Technical Solutions
OSU Material Sciences and Engineering
The Sheet Metal Welding Conference (SMWC) is the premier technical conference dedicated to bringing experts together to discuss state-of-the-art welding and joining technologies for the automotive, transportation, and light manufacturing industries. SMWC also provides important opportunities for engineers and researchers from manufacturers, suppliers, universities, and research institutes to network and meet experts in the field of welding.
SMWC XIX will emphasize recent developments in welding and joining solutions that enable new generations of vehicle design and construction. You can preview the conference agenda here.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Fusion Welding and Brazing (Resistance, Arc, Laser and others)
- Solid-State Joining
- Mechanical Fastening
- Adhesive Bonding
- Hybrid Joining Methods
- Weld Inspection and Repair
- Welding and Joining Process Simulation
- Vehicle Performance Simulation and Assessment
- Joining Challenges for Electric Vehicles
- Joining of Advanced Steels
- Joining of Lightweight Materials
- Joining of Dissimilar Materials
- Materials and Weldability
- Non-sheet-metal Automotive Joining
- Joining Tooling & Equipment
- Welding Process Monitoring & Control
- Joining of Copper and its Alloys
- Joining for Electric Powertrains
Note: the conference will be preceded by a one-day workshop on 10/20/2020
Notification of Acceptance
Full Paper Submission Due Date
By March 28, 2020
By April 25, 2020
By July 28, 2020
Authors, please submit your full paper using our online form by July 28, 2020. If you have any questions related to submission, please contact Menachem Kimchi, Technical Chair, Ohio State University, email@example.com.
A single complimentary admission to the conference is available for each presented paper.