In Partnership With
United Technical Solutions
OSU Material Sciences and Engineering
The Sheet Metal Welding Conference (SMWC) is the premier technical conference dedicated to bringing experts together to discuss state-of-the-art welding and joining technologies for the automotive, transportation, and light manufacturing industries. SMWC also provides important opportunities for engineers and researchers from manufacturers, suppliers, universities, and research institutes to network and meet experts in the field of welding. SMWC XIX will emphasize recent developments in welding and joining solutions that enable new generations of vehicle design and construction.
We sincerely hoped that by the end of September, the COVID-19 situation would have improved enough to allow our conference to proceed as planned. However, as the pandemic is not expected to relent until early next year, the AWS Detroit Executive Committee has decided to postpone SMWC XIX for one year. SMWC XIX will now be a 3-day conference hosted November 2-4, 2021 at Laurel Manor in Livonia, Michigan. Thank you for your support of the Sheet Metal Welding Conference!
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Fusion Welding and Brazing
(Resistance, Arc, Laser and others)
- Solid-State Joining
- Mechanical Fastening
- Adhesive Bonding
- Hybrid Joining Methods
- Weld Inspection and Repair
- Welding & Joining Process Simulation
- Vehicle Performance Simulation & Assessment
- Joining Challenges for Electric Vehicles
- Joining of Advanced Steels
- Joining of Lightweight Materials
- Joining of Dissimilar Materials
- Materials and Weldability
- Non-sheet-metal Automotive Joining
- Joining Tooling & Equipment
- Welding Process Monitoring & Control
- Joining of Copper and its Alloys
- Joining for Electric Powertrains
If your abstract has previously been accepted for this conference and you would like to submit your paper for the 2021 conference, please email them to SMWCpaper@awsdetroit.org.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Menachem Kimchi, Technical Chair, Ohio State University, email@example.com
A single complimentary admission to the conference is available for each presented paper.